When it comes to talking about contract event, it is one thing that we need to prepare when dealing with a client. This document may not seem that important–but it truly helps us to protect us from any complaints which are filed by our clients.
According to socialtables.com, a contract event is a legal document which explicitly provide the information regarding the terms and conditions about how an event will be planned out by an event planner and how the agreement is carried out between the planner and the client(s).
Hence, this event contract for event planner is not only important for the event planner. It is also important for the client itself. However, despite its importance, not many people know well how to write the event vendor contract as a legal document.
Therefore, if you are confused about how to write your contract event planner, grabbing an event contract template to guide you may help while making the document itself. Hence, not only you can save time while making the document, but you will also be able to learn what clauses you need to provide in the document and how the agreement should be done.
Wondering where to get an event contract sample? Easy, you can find out your document in this page. Not only a simple template, specialized one like event decorating contract template will also be found in this page.
According to the source mentioned above, there are several clauses which have to be available in your event contract agreement. These will include as follows:
- How the payment is scheduled. If you are the event planner, you also need to include this into the contract for event, including contract for event space rental
- Terms of cancellation. Your job is pretty prone to cancellation; hence you need the contract event planning jobs to have a backup which may protect you from losing your money from preparing the event.
- Cancellation which is done by you. Since it is possible to cancel the planning job due to various reasons, you also need to set this out on the contract for event venue.
Contract Event Details
Aside from those details aforementioned, there are various details still which need to be pointed out on your private event contract template. This will include the termination clause, which will explain how the agreement was ruled out when an unexpected thing happened.
- Payment schedule
- Terms for cancellation
- Cancellation-by-you clause
- Termination clause
- Indemnification clause
- Photo release clause
As said, if you are way too confused about how to make the contract document, you need to refer to an example. That said, you can understand how to make the document without being confused and taking too long while making it.
Contract Template for Event Planner
Event planning may sound like a fun job. However, things may go south if you don’t come prepared. Complaints may come due to a misunderstanding regarding the contract which previously have been discussed about. That is exactly why you need things like event contract–just like a bartender requires an event bartender contract.
Event Planning Contract
– This event planning contract (hereinafter referred to as the “Contract”) is entered into on ______________ (the “Effective Date”), by and between __________________________, with an address of ______________ (hereinafter referred to as the “Client”) and ______________ with an address of ______________ (hereinafter referred to as the “Planner”) (collectively referred to as the “Parties”).
– The event will take place on ______________, on which date(s) the Client plans to hold the event described below: ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
– The Client hereby engages the Planner to perform the following duties relevant to the event: ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
– The Planner is required to obtain written consent from the Client prior to entering into any contractual agreements or issuing deposits or invoices.
– The Client hereby agrees to pay the Planner for an amount of ______________ for the services performed.
– The Planner will provide an invoice at the time of the payment.
– The Client is entitled to cancel this Contract at any given time.
– The Client is entitled to a full refund in the event that he/she cancels ______________ days before the beginning of the event.
– In case the Client cancels less than ______________ days before the beginning of the event, he/she will not be entitled to a refund.
– The Planner is entitled to cancel this Contract at any given time.
– In the event of cancellation by the Planner, he/she is required to provide a replacement planner that the Client agrees to. In this case, the Planner will be required to refund any money previously provided by the Client as a budget for the event or other.
Alternative Dispute Resolution
– Any dispute or difference whatsoever arising out of, or in connection with, this Contract shall be submitted to arbitration/mediation/negotiation (circle one) in accordance with, and subject to the laws of ______________.
– In the event of a dispute that results in legal action, the successful party will be entitled to the legal fees, such as attorney’s fees or other.
– In the event that any provision of this Contract is found to be void and unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, then the remaining provisions will remain in force in accordance with the Parties’ intention.
– This Contract contains the entire agreement and understanding among the Parties to it with respect to its subject matter, and supersedes all prior agreements, understandings, inducements and conditions, express or implied, oral or written, of any nature whatsoever with respect to its subject matter. The express terms of the Contract control and supersede any course of performance and/or usage of the trade inconsistent with any of its terms.
– This Contract shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of ______________.
Signature And Date
– The Parties hereby agree to the terms and conditions set forth in this Contract and such is demonstrated by their signatures below:
To protect you lawfully from any unwanted complaints, you can prepare yourself an event design contract template. Although it is not that difficult to make, you can have an example to guide you while making the document. Find the templates in this page below.