Event theming is an element of an event that undeniably plays a major role in its success. There are so many ideas and options regarding the theme of an even out there, which can cause you to feel overwhelm to pick one.
According to the event theming definition, a theme is a substantial idea that involves the general goals, structure, and tone of the event. It is a great way to make sure that the entertainment, food, decoration, and other components of the event are cohesive and tied together.
If you look for any event theming guide, it will tell you that a theme is a sure way to make sure that the event remarkable for the guests and invitees. It can be used as a way to establish a distinctive atmosphere compared to other events.
Choosing the right event theming involves several considerations. Here are some of the most important factors to take into account:
- The budget ranges. Elements of the events such as decoration and styling can range from extremely simple to highly extravagant. It may depend on your preferences and requirement, so budget is a very important factor to consider.
- The guest demographic. Be considerate of the personalities and preferences of the guests when trying to choose a theme for your event. What styling and theme that work and appeal for one demographic may not be as effective for the others.
- The details. A big impact can be achieved by taking care of small details, even as simple as something like a customized seating chart. These details are what going to make your even stands out and create a remarkable impression on the guests.
There are tons of ideas available just from a quick browse on event theming website out there. Having a lot of inspiration matters, but what’s more important is to ensure that it fits with your event.
For example, it’s crucial to consider whether the one you organize is going to be held online or in-person.
A recent survey by LinkedIn that involves over 1,800 even marketers found that 85% of them said to had held events virtually and more than 90% of current events nowadays are virtual.
Now, rather than wasting hours of your time to research about event theming online, you can find some inspirations below to help you get some inspirations for your following organized event.
Event Theming Ideas for Various Types of Events
Modern events nowadays often involve comprehensive themes to appeal guests, connect attendees, and convey their messages. A theme can also help to make other details of the event comes into one cohesive part.
- Lego Extravaganza
- Summer Picnic
- Taste the World
- Wine Tasting
- Urban Garden Party – Charitable Theme
- Tree-Top Course
- LED Everything
- Corks N Canvas
- Hawaiian Luau
- Water Park
From event theming email invitation, decoration supplies, to costume suggestions it extremely helps to have one big theme that bind everything together. Here is a list of awesome ideas to get your creative juice flowing when planning for one.
Creative Theme Ideas for Your Next Event
If you are assigned of selecting theme for a special event, it’s your chance to show your innovative and creative side. Get inspired of some theme ideas by looking at the list below.
- Outer Space (Galaxy)
- Night at the Oscars
- Harry Potter (Hogwarts)
- Up (2009)
- A Christmas Story
- Jurassic Park
- Spirit of Adventure
- A Royal Affair – Great Britain
- Times Square – New York City
- Tuscan Nights
- The Four Seasons
- American Idol – Talent Show
- Pirate Party
- Dinosaur Extravaganza
- Formal Tea Party
- Snow Day!
- Comic Book
You can use any of the listed ideas below for event theming corporate to a personal party. They will make sure that you have the right first step to make the guest have a great time and leave the best impression possible of the event.