A Q & A session allows a great chance for the audience to ask the speaker directly about the question they are curious of. This session is commonly conducted during conferences or business events, or even during more casual meetings.
A lot of events facilitate the q & a session as a stand-alone affair or as a part of the occasion. Usually, the asked questions will revolve around the certain topics related to the event or to the speaker that otherwise have a low chance to be asked.
This session is also common for virtually conducted event, as more and more events are held online. The virtual session involves interactive gathering on a specific online-based platform, such as Reddit q&a session crossword.
According to a data collected last year related to webinar, over 90% of attendees want a live q and a session after the core part of the event ended. This statistic shows a strong sign for professional event planners to include the session.
Below are some reasons why this session is worth to be hosted:
- Providing a space for discussion. Allocating specific time for question-and-answer session can offer the audience a chance to get response they’re looking for. In a company setting, it can encourage the employees to speak up knowing their voice will be heard.
- Preventing inaccurate information or unconfirmed rumors to spread out. The answers provided during the session might help to provide clear and definite response for the audience as they can ask directly to the source.
- Building a better teamwork system. Coordinating a team, especially in the professional working field, is not easy. This type of event can help to help team members and leader to communicate and connect.
The session of question and answer may offer a powerful way to bring together a lot of people, breaking the barriers between them, and make the audience feel genuinely heard of.
Moreover, it provides some interactive moments that aren’t only beneficial practically, but also to build stronger engagement.
Not only that, it also allows more people to speak out their voices, proposing their ideas, and connect to other people, including to the lead speaker of the event.
Now, if you are ready to conduct and share that q&a session invitation, you may want to check out the best tips and practices to present the best possible experience for everyone involved in the event.
Effective Ways to Conduct a Q & A Session
Do you feel way too familiar with the awkward pause and silence whenever a presenter of an event asks if anyone have questions to be asked?
- Plan the time
- Get a great moderator
- Tools & Equipment
- Collect questions throughout
- Notify the audience
- Prepared questions
- Stick to the limit
- Hold a briefing session
- Don’t start a debate
If so, then here are some of the top tips you can use to host a successful session of questions and answers for your upcoming event.
How to Host Interactive Q and A Session
Providing a tool where people can get a clear response of things they want to know about is a great way to build an interactive event in general.
- Be prepared for some potential questions.
- Start the discussion.
- Collect questions
- Keep reminding people to ask questions
- Set time limit.
- If you don’t know, say so.
- Validate dissent.
- Tackle the unanswered questions after the meeting
(source: enago, slido)
Read below some of the q&a session tips and advices that can help you to enhance and transform the talk that you can use as inspirations and ideas.