Mastering the basics of answering event planner interview questions is important if you want to land the job. In general, the most helpful way to do so is by reviewing some of the most frequently asked questions by hiring managers.
It’s unavoidable to have competition when applying for a job nowadays. According to a collected data by a survey, the average number of applicants for one job is around 118, but only 20% or in other words 1 in 7 people land an interview opportunity.
Most event planner interview questions and answers session involve queries about your event planning experiences. These are aimed to assist the hiring manager in assessing how experienced you are in this professional career field.
It is also common for corporate event planner interview questions to require discussion about your skills. Typically, you will be given certain scenarios and asked how you’d handle the situation to evaluate your skills in problem solving.
Below are three useful tips for giving the best possible response to event planner interview questions:
- Provide real-life examples. It is best to respond a question by offering examples of your prior experiences during an event planning. This way, you can display your skill in facing a difficult client or solving an unexpected crisis to the hiring manager.
- Focus on your positive aspects. A general advice of any job interview would be to highlight things that you are good at. Search for a way to talk about your accomplishment or relevant skills without coming off as bragging.
- Prepare answers for general questions as well. Usually, aside from the questions that refer to the particular job, it is common as well for the hiring managers to ask general questions such as educations, plans, goals, and many more.
Use your chance during job interview to effectively sell yourself to the employer. By preparing yourself well, you will have a higher chance to impress them.
Whether you are looking forward to steal an entry-level event planning job or apply as a seasoned planner, you’d benefit from learning to answer the most common questions to ask an event planner before hiring.
Below, you discover lists of the frequently asked interview questions for event planner that you can use as practice to provide the best response and increasing your opportunity to secure that job position.
Event Planner Interview Questions to Help You Prepare Securing the Job
Event planning is a growing career field that deals with events of all scales and types. That being said, being an event planner is a truly challenging and demanding job position, but it can be rewarding for those who have passion and skills for it.
- Have you ever planned multiple events at one time? Were they successful? Is there anything you would have done differently?
- Tell me about the process you use to choose venues for your events.
- Tell me about your most successful event. What made it successful?
- Describe a time that an event didn’t go as planned. What did you learn? What would you have done differently?
- How do you use social media as you are planning or promoting an event?
- What first steps do you take when you’re just starting to plan a new event?
- What do you do when you experience an unexpected setback while planning an event?
If you are looking forward to secure a job in this field, read these questions to ask event planner interview that can help to prepare yourself before walking into the appointment.
Top Most Common Interview Questions for Event Planner
You receive a notice that you are called for an interview for an event planning job you had applied before. Now, what should you do? The right answer is to research about the questions you’re likely to be asked.
- Why did you choose a career in event planning?
- What personality traits do you think are important for event planners?
- What do you most like about event planning? Do you specialize in any specific kind of event?
- What’s a time you provided a creative solution for a problem?
- What are some common challenges that event planners face?
- What events do you most enjoy planning?
- Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult client. How did you handle the situation?
- What do you do when you’re feeling stressed while event planning?
- What information do you get from a potential client before you start planning?
- How do you stay motivated when things don’t go as planned during event planning?
Read the following list to discover the most commonly asked event planner job interview questions so you can get ready to give your most sensible answer to the hiring manager.