There is no denying the fact that the traffic growth of the website depends upon the company’s stage and target audience. Generally, a monthly growth rate of 10-20% is a good benchmark.
In today’s digital world, creating a website is the need of the hour to take your business towards success. It acts as the foundation for the growth of the business.
When people visit your site, they learn more about your products and services. Simultaneously, you learn more about their tastes and preferences. In this way, you can turn them into potential clients. Isn’t it a win-win situation for both? So, the question is – how can you drive more traffic across all the marketing channels and turn the audience into customers?
If you want to know the answer to the above question, keep scrolling to satisfy your intellect.
Build a solid foundation with your website structure
The foremost step to improve the search results ranking is to build a solid foundation for your website structure. If you don’t have a good site structure, your ranking is likely to suffer. To come out of this problem, ensure to have a user-friendly website that will make it easy for the users to navigate and access the site on all digital devices, including smartphones and desktops. What more steps can you take? Here you go –
- Performing a technical SEO audit can help you to see where your site stands in ranking. It keeps a tab on crawl errors, indexing, and hosting.
- Fix or re-write any duplicate content that your site has, as Google penalizes the sites having duplicate content. Hence, ensure to have unique content on every page of your site.
Using the right keywords that your customers are using to find the products and services of a brand like yours is necessary. After finding the suitable keywords, you can work on creating the targeted content that can appear in the search results. Here’s how you can conduct quality keyword research:
- Develop a list of relevant topics that you want to rank for.
- Look for the keyword phrases that the target customers are using. If you are stuck, get to know the keywords that your organization’s site is already ranking for. Google analytics can simplify this task for you.
- Mix the general keywords with the long-tail keywords. The long-tail keywords contain three or more words. This will provide you with a more balanced approach to SEO.
Write quality content that emphasizes keywords
You have got the list of keywords. It’s time to start working on the content. The top-notch quality of the content determines the high ranking of your site on Google SERPs. So, how to develop SEO-friendly content?
- LSI (Latent semantic indexing) keywords help make the content more meaningful. Hence, remember to use LSI keywords. This, in turn, will help the search engine to determine the page’s relevancy.
- Engage the readers by telling them a story. This will give value to your content. You can relate your content with the customer stories and case studies to make it more powerful.
Speaking of the content, it is noteworthy that your content also helps with the link building practices. Here’s a list of the content types that you can use to attract high-quality backlinks for your website:
Take a look at your links
Your site’s ranking is highly correlated with the external and internal linking practices. Pay attention to your internal linking strategies and search for new opportunities to build backlinks. If you have any broken links, start fixing them. A site crawling tool can perfectly help you in finding the broken links.
- After fixing these links, focus on link-building practices. To add more, you can always reach out to link building services from OutreachMonks, and get the right links to deliver the right results, leading to good SEO performance.
- Besides, work on the quality of your content. The more successful you are in providing worthy content, the more is the possibility that others will like to link to your articles.
Grab the broken link opportunities to build links
You might overlook this strategy, but it is quite useful in generating high authority backlinks. Look for the dead links on Wikipedia and claim them as your own. The two types of links that are easy to find on Wikipedia are –
- Citation needed – This means someone has mentioned a statistic in the article of Wikipedia without linking it to a source.
- Dead links – These are the previously working links, but the page or site does not respond/exist anymore.
If you still don’t know how to do it, you can read this article about backlinks guide to figure out the same.
On-page ranking plays a vital role in improving the search engine ranking. Try to optimize every detail on every page so that Google and its users will fall in love with your content. If you don’t put your effort into on-page optimization, your content has high chances of staying at the backseat. So, what are the elements that you need to take care of?
- Title tag and meta-description – Include any keyword in the title tag of the content. Meta-description is beneath the title tag. It is a shorter description about the content of the page.
- Uniform resource locators – Shorter URLs drive better ranking in comparison to longer URLs.
Likewise, don’t forget to include relevant outbound links, internal links, and images related to the page.
Infographics can take you higher – Infographics is the right means to display complex information in an easy way. As per a study, infographics are 30 times more likely to be read as compared to text articles. Additionally, let us tell you that sites that use infographics result in faster traffic growth by 12%.
To sum it all up
Believe it or not, in order to drive more traffic, you need to take the measures as mentioned above. You want a wider reach of your site, right? So, adopt all the steps and see the difference.
At last, Adam Audette can’t be more right when he said – “Today it’s not about ‘get the traffic’ – it’s about ‘get the targeted and relevant traffic.”