How to plan a surprise birthday party? If someone you love soon to celebrate their birthday party, planning a surprise party can be pretty difficult if you don’t have a team to plan it with. Besides, you need to also plan it beautifully so that the surprise works for the person who is celebrating his/her birthday.
To answer your question about how to plan a surprise birthday party, we can refer to the article published in socialtables.com. In that article, you will find that there are many things you need to prepare in order to make the surprise party works.
First of all, you need to know what kind of birthday party you are conducting. Be it someone’s 80th birthday party or a 50th birthday party, by knowing about it you can know which resources you need to find out: how to celebrate 80th birthday and how to plan a 50th birthday party.
By knowing which birthday party you are conducting, you know what kind of theme suitable you can take as the main theme. After you know what theme to pick, the next step in this how to surprise birthday is to build your team. It does not mean you need to have more than 10 members to start planning the birthday party–you need to adjust your methods of how to plan the perfect birthday party with the number of people you want to invite in this surprise birthday party.
That said, if you are planning a big birthday party, you may need more team members. Even if needed, you may consider getting a party planner. The latter method will assist you in planning a party, which will leave you not wondering about how to plan a surprise birthday party for your husband, or someone you love.
Aside from getting the theme and the team, here is what you need to find out as a method of how to plan a surprise birthday party at home (let’s assume you are planning it at home).
- Start organizing your team. Divide the job desc, assign the right person to the right position.
- Start designing. Design of the party is something crucial when it comes to a surprise birthday party. Even if you are planning a Zoom party, you’ll still need to know how to plan a Zoom party well and get the right design to make everything come nice.
- Know your budget. Aside from the design, you will also need to rely on the budget as well. Knowing your budget will help you to choose the right materials and themes that suit your budget.
How to Plan a Surprise Birthday Party
When the team is already formed and the design has already been well-prepared, the next thing on your list is to invite the people you want to be there. However, make sure to let them know that this is a surprise party, hence you need to make it unknown from the person having their birthday.
- Choose A Theme
- Select A Location
- Decide On The Guest List
- Think Food And Refreshments
- Hammer Out The Details
- Prepare Decorations
- Think Of A Surprise Element
- Book a superb surprise venue
- Pick a personalized theme
- Send out sneaky invites
- Have a strong alibi
- Add a sweet finishing touch
- Order catering for food and drinks
- Turn up the music
- Time to decorate
- Scope out hiding spots
- Hide your supplies
- Hire a videographer
(source: specialtyballoons, peerspace)
How to Plan a Surprise Birthday for Your Loved Ones
Let’s say you are arranging a surprise birthday party for your boyfriend. You need to know how to plan a surprise birthday party for boyfriend well without letting him know that you are arranging the party. This requires your excellent skill in ‘keeping it a secret’ and how well you maintain the ‘hidden’ cooperation while arranging the party.
- Make the decision
- Play Sherlock Holmes
- Assemble your team (Team lead, Designer, Sponsor, Runner, F&B manager, Guest manager, Guest of honor point person)
- Start organizing
- Decide on a theme
- Set a budget
- Choose a date and time
- Book a location
- Create a floor plan
- Design and purchase decorations
- Decide on activities to include
- Create a menu
- Send invitations
- Iron out the decoy plan
- Prepare food and drinks
- Make a playlist
- Outline the reveal